Rapid Response System Navigation
For individuals 16 years of age and over who need immediate, short-term support due to issues related to mental health and/or problematic substance use. These issues may include acute mental health (suicidal ideation/attempts), homelessness, severe addictions, recent hospital admissions into Adult Mental Health, and discharge from a corrections facility or conflict with the law. Rapid Response workers can assist through providing direct support and connecting people to other resources in a timely manner.
We recognize that referents are trying to access resources and services for their clients or loved ones, however, this program is not intended for people who are not in crisis or do not have imminent need. The program is also not intended to expedite access to our other case management programs.
** What we can deliver the following services through this program:
- Short-term brokerage case management services
- Assistance in accessing mental health and/or psychiatric services.
- Assistance in accessing drug and alcohol treatment
- The staff will utilize a range of intervention strategies from a harm reduction approach to an abstinence based model in efforts to assist in addressing substance use addiction.
- Help to integrate into the community, advocating with informal and formal community resources. Referrals to community agencies, where appropriate.
- Assistance in accessing income support, ie. Ontario Works, O.D.S.P.
- Assistance in obtaining and maintaining housing in the community.
- Under the age of 16
- Involved in similar program
- Unwilling to participate
- Repetitive history of violent or abusive behaviour
Please Click Here for the Rapid Response Referral Form. Fax completed form to (807) 683-8225.